Monday, July 7, 2014

Why make plans?

After only 3 nights in Capri, Italy, fate took another turn. My husband's job brought him back to Maiori and I followed. Before I made the trip to Italy I had my entire itinerary planned out. Milan, Maiori,  Florence,  Lucca,  Siena,  Bagni di Lucca,  Genoa and finally back to Milan. But sometimes the best vacations are the ones you don't plan out. Instead I have traveled to Milan,  Maiori,  Florence, Capri with a day trip to Lucca and Pisa. During my travels I have discovered that I enjoy the smaller towns the most. That is why I'm very happy to be back in Maiori. Spencer is also ecstatic to be here. He has petted and knows every dog in Maiori and loves his nightly walks with our friend's dog. The pace of life here is so much slower than in the States. Everything shuts down from 1-4 in the afternoon. Lunch is usually followed by siesta. Dinner is very late, then everyone walks on the seashore. La Dolce Vita is definitely here in Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment