Friday, June 27, 2014

Return to my slice of paradise

Spencer and I have returned to Maiori. I abandoned our plans to travel to several other cities,  including Siena,  Bagni di Lucca and Genoa when my husband's work schedule gave him a few days off.  It's been 9 years since Gregg has been back to Maiori. He really wanted to return and Spencer and I were thrilled to come back. We have enjoyed the last two days seeing friends and relaxing on the beach. Yesterday we traveled with a family friend up to Ravello. The town sits on top of the mountain overlooking Maiori.
There are breathtaking views in every direction. After a quick walk through the main square we entered Villa Gimbrone. If you want to see some spectacular views and gardens I highly recommend this tour. If you don't want to fight any crowds plan your arrival around 6:30 in the evening. There are buses you can take up to Ravello from the Amalfi Coast or you can take a taxi, or drive on your own. There are plenty of taxi drivers ready to drive you back down the mountain if you don't want to wait for a bus.
Ravello should be high on your priority list if you travel to the Amalfi Coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment