Saturday, June 7, 2014

3 Days to Go

This morning our countdown to Italy is 3 days! I'm sitting here posting while holding a garage sale. I need extra money for all of the gelato my son and I will consume!
Let me introduce myself, my name is Jeanie Beck.  I am a 44 year old mother of 3 who is extremely passionate about all things Italian.  I first visited Italy in 2005 while pregnant with my now 8 year old son.  My husband warned me that it would be better than my best dreams.  That was an understatement.  We traveled to the Amalfi Coast, where my Sister-in-law's sister lives.  We spent two weeks with my husband's entire family in a villa about a mile north of Amalfi.  It was heaven on earth.  I adapted to the lifestyle immediately.  I enjoyed the slower pace of life and even the little things, such as the church bells ringing every 15 minutes, had a deep impact on me.  I found when we returned home that I had left my heart in Italy.  It sounds cheesy, but I did leave part of my self in Amalfi.
I was able to return 4 years later, but this time visited Rome and Venice.  Every second in Italy was precious.  Now another 5 years later I am touring Italy with my 8 year old son.  We are spending 5 weeks visiting family and visiting cities such as Milan, Florence, Lucca, Genoa and Bagni di Lucca.
I am ready for this grand adventure to begin and hope you will join me as I write about our adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment