Thursday, June 12, 2014

From North to South

Today was our first full day in Italy. We woke up this morning in Milan, then after a wonderful breakfast at our hotel, we headed for the train station. We boarded the high speed rail for Salerno. 5 1/2 hours later we were in the southern Italy port town.
A family member picked us up and whisked us down the coastal road to Maiori.
I cannot say enough good things about Maiori. This small beach town is one of my favorite places in the world. It's located along the picturesque Amalfi Coast. The views are stunning and the beach is fantastic.
We are staying at Albergo Riviera Pensione. It's medieval theme is a big hit with my 8 year old. I have a balcony room.  Do yourself a favor if you stay here, pay a little extra for the balcony. The views are incredible and I don't even have a sea view. There is also a roof top terrace where breakfast is served. The owner told me I'm welcome to bring my own food and drinks up there and enjoy the beautiful sunsets.
After a hectic 24 hours in Milan (see my post on the taxi strike), I can't wait to hit the beach tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment